Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update

I took out n64's stock audio video adapter.  It included s-video, RGB, composite, and stereo sound.  Fortunately, I only needed to take composite, left and right audio, and a single ground.  So it went from 12 solder points to 4.  This is how the RCA ports will be mounted in the toaster.


This picture shows working on the power.  The challenge was to relocate the power switch so that you could turn it on with the toaster lever.  The reason this was difficult is because the n64 uses two different power lines.  I ended up putting it before the ACtoDC adapter (that big block on the right side).


I have red LEDs that are going to make it look as if the toaster is hot.  I was experimenting here with the stock potentiometer, which is the knob that decides how toasty you want your bread.  I spent forever on this and gave up.  The pot's resistance range is HUGE and makes it really difficult.


 Everything needs to be custom built.  In this picture you can see the wooden pieces.  Those are going to help support the cartridge slot.  I cut those metal pieces on each side for support.


This is where I am at right now.  A couple things to notice.  I have a red switch on the left.  When you pull the lever down (once I mount it) it will hit the switch to power the system.  All the power wires you see are AC and they lead to that adapter.  I officially gave up on using the potentiometer and just mounted 3 red LCDs.  Since this picture was taken, I also backed them with tin foil to help diffuse the light the LEDs give off.


The only thing I have left to do is mount!  

No comments:

Post a Comment